What is Real Time Bidding (RTB)? RTB is a bidding system that offers the opportunity to dynamically bid impressions.
Meaning that instead of paying a fixed price per 1000 impressions, you offer the price you are willing to pay per specific impression. All this is being done in real time – less than 150 milliseconds. The bids are made based on the website, the ads’ placements, number of desired impressions and other segmentation criteria. As the advertiser you can bid the price you are willing to pay per specific impression rather than paying a fixed price per 1000 impressions, when some of them may not be relevant for you.
RTB technology is at the forefront of innovations in the advertising world. Our platform not only allows access to the majority of the world’s leading exchanges, networks and premium sites, it also contains superior targeting methods and advanced bidding options.
Advantages of RTB:
- An impression based real time targeting helps you learn exactly what works best for your product. This will contribute to an effective optimization process of your campaign.
- Ability to customize ads in real time according to the viewer’s digital traces.
- Minimize ad spent loss.
- Maximum control over campaigns’ pricing.
- Reaching the precise audience you need since you don’t buy bulks of impressions but specific users that are of interest to you.
How does RTB work?
Below are a few examples to illustrate the meaning of RTB and its benefits beyond the standard targeting parameters (Geo Target, Gender, Age, Category, Demographic, etc). Let’s say we want to set a maximum bid price for display ads in a campaign (bid = $1 DCPM). We can set the system to change the bids according to a set of rules, and all in real time (50 milliseconds before the ad loads)!
- if your ad appears below the fold - bid 0.25c
- if the user is seeing the ad for the first time – bid $1
- if the user saw the ad 3 times this week – bid $0.5
- if the user saw the ad 5 times this week – bid $0.1
- if the user saw the ad 7 times this week – don’t bid
- If the user visited your site in the past (retargeted user) – bid $3
- If the user visited your site and left at the checkout – bid $5 (and show him an ad with a discount!)
- If the user usually visits sites similar to yours – bid $2